[BangPypers] UI less Rest API server with flask

Vasudev Ram vasudevram at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:42:21 CEST 2015

Chipping in with my 2c.

If the project is a hobby project (sorry if I missed that in the
thread) or not time-critical or in early stages, it might not be a bad
idea to roll your own code as much as possible for the REST stuff,
just using a bare-bones web framework like Flask or Bottle or CherryPy
and writing the rest.

I have done something along these lines, though not fully, in a
project a while ago, and it was fun and learning too.

If nothing else, it will be a learning exercise, and may also give
insights into what your crucial requirements are, which may help in
shortlisting 3rd party libs.

- Vasudev
---
"Inspired by nature"
Vasudev Ram - Dancing Bison Enterprises
Independent software consultant and trainer:
Python, C, SQL, Unix/Linux, bash/sed/awk,
PDF generation, open source, ...
About: http://jugad2.blogspot.in/p/about-vasudev-ram.html
vasudevram at gmail.com
\Python posts: http://jugad2.blogspot.com/search/label/python
xtopdf, a Swiss army knife for PDF creation:
http://slid.es/vasudevram/xtopdf