[BangPypers] Connecting developers and companies

Mon Jul 20 07:12:21 CEST 2015

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 1:16 PM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> There was a suggestion of having 10 minutes slot at the end of the meetup
>> where companies can speak about them and openings for 2 minutes.
>>
>> -1
> Today lot of participants come as it's a place to gain and share knowledge.
> We should not be changing the intention of meetup by providing space for
> hiring, it might turn out being a commercial space.
>
> Am afraid allowing companies to talk about themselves and their job
> opportunities might create conflict of interest with the company providing
> space for our meetup which may not be good for us.

As a thought exercise consider this. Company A offers the space for
the meetup. On the day of the meetup the host ensures that there is
adequate material/swag/branding available that provide a guidance to
"available opportunities", "how to apply" etc. And if you stop and
think about it, this is not too far fetched. For example, at my day
job, the external facing areas have branding material which make it
easy to identify with specific projects/products.

Asking companies to create anechoic chambers as a pre-condition for
hosting is somewhat untenable.

> I would say lets stick to knowledge sharing and discussion about python for
> meetup
>
> We already have job page on python India website (
> http://python.org.in/jobs/). We should plan to work on that page instead.

How often is that used to be a platform for opportunities within the
Python community?

> Otherwise we can have Bangpypers newsletter where we send meetup details
> along with job opportunities as well.
>
> But my question is
>  What does Bangpypers get in return for publishing about X company job
> requirement?

A question in turn (although it is poor form to respond to a question
with another) - why does Bangpyper want to get anything in return of
the stated objective is "sharing and discussing about Python"?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>