[BangPypers] What are you using for developing desktop GUIs?

Sriram Karra karra.etc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 18:40:14 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>wrote:

> I guess YMMV but if a local app launches a web server and a browser to
> get things done, it's a deal breaker for me.

In this case starting a web server can be nothing more than executing a few
hundreds of lines of python code that just happens to talk http and wsgi.
It is more of a mental block than anything! I know because I had to fight
it too :) The user does not need to know or care.

Interacting with a browser tab is likely to be a bit more of a hurdle,
particularly if the user opens your app twice and ends up with two browser
tabs with your app, etc. It is certainly a possibility that some users will
feel a bit disoriented.