[BangPypers] Teaching Python in school

Lakshman Prasad scorpion032 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 20:10:20 CEST 2013

Here is a teacher in Alaska who is pleased using IPython Notebooks stored
on Github for teaching his students :
http://peak5390.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/how-ipython-notebook-and-github-have-changed-the-way-i-teach-python/

In the programming community, it should be fairly obvious to us that this
is the good way.

Given our recent outreach efforts to colleges, this can be a good resource
to point to them for why and how it helps in education. The teachers may,
as appropriate adopt the relevant notebooks for their curriculum, or just
the process.

These are the days when books are written on IPython notebooks by forking
on Github! How I wished I was a decade younger and in college today!