[BangPypers] virtualenvs [was] Online Python workshop

svaksha ॥ स्वक्ष svaksha at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 04:32:55 CEST 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:

> I just wrapped this up earlier today and have the course notes and IRC
> transcript at
>
> http://thelycaeum.in/online-workshops/python-14-Sep-2013/python-14-sep-2013.html
>
> Comments welcome.

Regarding the virtualenv, for each project, I prefer to tie it to the
specific python version (ex. /usr/bin/python3.3) and also prefer the
flag "--no-site-packages". This means I'd have to install the required
packages inside the env, specific for each python version. This
probably takes the isolated env concept a bit far, but I personally
feel its cleaner. I had some more thoughts but that's for later. And
ofcourse, nice work Noufal !

Best, svaksha ॥ स्वक्ष