[BangPypers] Mail formatting for this list

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Sat Sep 14 13:25:10 CEST 2013

Balachandran Sivakumar <benignbala at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>             It is not a "strong" preference. It is something that a
> lot of us are used to, and so I assume people are fine with it and
> hence status quo :).

It's quite a strong preference for me. I'm also very pedantic about the
way I format my emails.

I'm not too particular about horizontal space. I think the current trend
which favours widescreen aspect ratios is deplorable and not very
helpful while coding. It's irritating when a line of text is so long on
a monitor that I have to deliberately look left to right. I much prefer
vertical screen space so that I don't have to repeatedly scroll and jump
around while trying to read some code.

>            But, if people find this format difficult and prefer a
> full-width format, we can try out and ask for people's feedback. Just
> that it takes a few days to get used it and that should be fine.

Please no. It's annoying and there's no real gain from allowing long
lines of text.

[...]

--
Cordially,