[BangPypers] Object Oriented Programming in python

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 00:40:31 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM, Pranav Raj <pranav09032 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi fellow python lovers,
>
> I wanted to do OOPS programming in python, but i just found out that there are no private variables in python. Does anyone know why python classes have no private variables and why python's OOPS concept are a lot different from other programming languages?

http://stackoverflow.com/a/1641236/12754

I am not sure what the history or reasoning was. But encapsulation is
not considered particularly desirable or useful.

I think OOPs concepts across a number of languages are quite
different. You will find python having superior constructs eg.
metaclasses etc. if you were comparing Python OOP to C++/Java. Just
start using the features and over a period of time you will gain a
reasonable understanding of the subtleties.