[BangPypers] uWSGI Spooler

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Fri May 3 07:39:42 CEST 2013

On 2 May 2013 23:21, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [I posted this in one more forum...but thought would share my enthusiasm
> here too...:) ]
>
> I have been playing around uWSGI (for a django app) for a few days now and

We have switched to nginx + uWSGI for our Django projects,
in preference to the more standard Apache + mod_wsgi. Yet
to do real benchmarking, but initial results show a significant
gain in performance.

> i must say that Spooler has been one of the best finds. I haven't done any
> benchmarking yet, but the ease of use is so darn good that I am extremely
> impressed. I was planning to use celery+redis, but this makes things so
> easy that i do not have to take care of anything else. I think this would
> work just fine for most of the websites/webapps that are not expecting a
> gazillion hits/tasks.
>
> I love simple but powerful constructs(another e.g Django's content-types),
> and Spooler was one such.
[...]

Haven't looked at the uWSGI spooler yet, as things that we need
offline tasks for, such as mail, use Celery which is better supported
by Django apps, e.g., django-celery-mail.

uWSGI is interesting. Besides the base features, we will also be
looking at its caching performance, auto-scaling, and asynchronous
access.

Regards,
Gora