[BangPypers] Python Monk - Learn Python in your browser

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 06:59:22 CET 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have written an interactive learning book for Python at
> http://pythonmonk.com/learning/books/17.

         A nice initiative :) Thanks for that.

> I would love it if you could go through the lessons and give feedback. This
> is an alpha version with limited content. We are releasing this to an
> audience we already know before we release to a larger audience.
>
> PythonMonk was built by the folks at C42 Engineering (http://c42.in) and
> uses the same platform as rubymonk.com.

     I agree with others that we could use more of the screen space.
May be because I have already tried Ruby Monks a while back, I don't
find it that bad.

     I haven't gone through the entire book. But it would be nice to
have idiomatic programming intorduced as well. I find people(beginners
mostly, but others as well) looping through lists the "C-way" .i.e

for i in range(len(list)):
    print list[i]

style of programming. It would be nice to teach idomatic python, right
from the beginning. Thanks

> PS: This is the first place we are announcing PythonMonk and it is not
> ready for a large number of users yet. So please keep it within the group
> and not share the link anywhere else.

waiting for more advanced topics :) Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/