[BangPypers] Evaluating Web Frameworks based on certain criteria

Abdul Muneer abdulmuneer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 10:02:49 CEST 2013

Thank you all, especially larry. Pyramid and Django are what I have looked
at. I have worked with Django and all pylons stuff along with SQLA was
initially cumbersome. I would have really loved to go with Django as it is
'easy', but there are reasons why Pyramid is built the way it is and I
wanted to consider those factors too. I appreciate SQLA very much now,
although I haven't encountered a scenario where I had been at a loss if I
didn't use it.

I am looking forward to experiences from people which led them towards or
away from any framework. Did anyone hit the wall by using Django ORM? Or
did anyone find the SQLA too heavy and needless? I certainly hit the wall
with old pylons, or more precisely with the plugins for pylons. All those
deprecated dependencies make the upgrade or maintenance extremely difficult
and unreliable.

Regards,
Abdul Muneer

--