[BangPypers] [JOBS] Python Developers with 1 Yr Experience

Kaushik Kalyanaraman dialkforkaushik at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:21:18 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
> Shuhaib Shariff <metafusion at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Smart people tend to be successful at things they pursue in life. Its
>> likely that their personal/professional circle will notice this
>> quality and attest.
>
> This was clear and succinct.
Not really ! In fact, the whole exchange (before Noufal pipped in)
comes across, in my personal opinion, as mildly insensitive, somewhat
naive and perhaps even elitist. And, this may very well be common
parlance (which I can't confirm). I can go on and rant about this
(though probably not here) but in the spirit of Noufal's short reply,
I will pass. However, having never worked in the software/IT industry,
I am going to take a long shot and suggest that perhaps both employers
and employees tend to use language with jargon, buzz words, and other
unspecified-but-understood terms without possibly determining what
they may end up conveying. (Skipping classification, words like smart,
technically proficient, hardworking, team player, etc. are what I am
referring to.)

Just my two ... .

--
To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do
not know, that is true knowledge.