[BangPypers] Parse multi line with re module.

Pratap Chakravarthy prataprc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:01:22 CET 2012

> Mean no offence to you personally,

None taken. I believe Ganesh might take your more specific regex and
use that with findall() grouping to get what he wants. It is always a
good practice to be more specific in composing regular expressions,
carelessly composed PCRE (where P stands for Perl ;) ) regex can lead
to exponential complexity for simple inputs.

> but this thread should again be a reason why regular
> expressions should be used sparingly, if at all,
> and against well-validated input.

Really ?
I beg to differ.

Cheers,