[BangPypers] turbogears to pyramid or django

Pratap Chakravarthy prataprc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 02:12:07 CET 2012

> On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 01:01:00AM +0530, Saju M wrote:
>> HI,
>>
>> I have a project developed in turbogears, i want to move it to Pyramid or
>> Django,  which is the best option ???

The web back-end of pyramid is bfg.repoze. The design of pyramid is
lot cleaner and there is a ton of documentation for that. Another
thing about Pyramid is that, they are not too serious about WSGI
middlewares and their design of authentication and session management
are implemented as Interface call-backs. The core of pyramid is based
out of zope.component and zope.interface which again is fairly mature.

If you want a flexible framework you might want Pyramids. But Django
seems to have more users.

Cheers,