[BangPypers] [JOB] - Yahoo!

Roshan Mathews rmathews at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:10:29 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 18:37, Sriram Narayanan <sriramnrn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sriram Narayanan <sriramnrn at gmail.com> writes:
>>> I feel that poking fun at any company's business is in extremely
>>> disgusting taste. This was done once about Thoughtworks (the company I
>>> work with) on this very mailing list.

[...]
> As long as we encourage or worse, remain silent about corporates being
> made fun of, we're going to remain a community of hypocrites.

FWIW, I didn't have an opinion on the OT job posting because I didn't
read it.  But I must add that, it would be hypocritical to *not* poke
fun at companies, especially bumbling, incompetent, soon to be extinct
lumbering dinosaurs, (that don't do much beyond pooping all over the
techworld) such as Yahoo! and ThoughtWorks! (see what I did there?)

Now if Anand's or your self-image was so tied to your place of
employment that it would send you into a deep depression that someone
made fun of it, then I'd probably be disheartened (since that wasn't
my intention) but that wouldn't stop me from doing it.

We really should have fewer holy cows that are too sacred to be made
fun of.  Especially fat, methane producing ones like Y! and T!

Olé!
Roshan Mathews

PS - django/python/computer-software programmers who are looking for a
job, or are interested in being wooed may mail roshan at claylabs.com ...
and I'll ask the big boss man to call you himself.

--
http://about.me/rosh