[BangPypers] [JOB] - Yahoo!

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:48:24 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:
>

> [...]
>

>> Cut the heat. IMHO it was a problem with the wording of the posting by
>> the OP. If he had been more diplomatic and sugar-coated his posting,
>> most of you would have remained silent.
>
> Not me. I might have worded my response differently but unless he was
> looking for a Python programmer, I would have censured him.
>
>> See this post on the bangalore-rug list. It mentions ruby only once
>> and among many other skills.
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/group/bangalorerug/browse_thread/thread/30d3e3dc6cdd8974/ead6b725a2c8e55e?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=job#ead6b725a2c8e55e
>>
>> Nobody cribbed.
>
> It *does* atleast mention Ruby. The original email here conveyed the
> impression that the recruiter was using this list as a "hiring
> resource" and nothing more. Y! is not a Python startup, it's not really
> using Python (atleast the job posting didn't indicate it).
>
> I don't think the mail qualifies for the list but that's just my opinion.

I feel that poking fun at any company's business is in extremely
disgusting taste. This was done once about Thoughtworks (the company I
work with) on this very mailing list.
I didn't see any apology then by the person who did that, nor do I see
any apology here by the person poking fun at Yahoo on this list.

Since then, I'm convinced that by and large, we all need to understand
better how to make bangpypers a safer place for discussions.

-- Sriram