[BangPypers] Python OCR Reader

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed Nov 2 05:32:09 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Gopalakrishnan Subramani
<gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build a simple   voice based advisory system for a simple
> Window game for my 19 month old daughter.

Wow!. Sounds like an exciting project.

> It has to read the basic letters in a small game and where I put my voice
> for her to listen and direct her based on screen scenario.

I am sorry, I fail to get where the hand written text or need for OCR
comes in here.
If you are developing the game you are having the total control of the
text input.

> I did small experiments with tesseract. But not sure whether it is the best
> library in python world for most of my cases.

AFAIK, yes. tesseract is the same engine used for book scanning in
google books and python apis would be using the same engine.

---
Senthil