[BangPypers] chaining string operations..

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:01:08 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 03:22:02PM +0530, Vishal wrote:

> I have a string that can be many megabytes worth memory size, and i
> want to

If you have got that string from a file like object, instead of
object to load one line at time. This will help provided the string is
has line-separators.

Otherwise you could store in a mock StringIO file like object and
iterate, if the string is heavy to handle in memory.

> Now I would like to chain these replacements into something like this:

> Is there a known way of doing this currently in Python, apart from producing

Here is one recipe to do multiple string replacement in python in a
single shot.

http://uthcode.sarovar.org/pycon2010/strings.html#making-multiple-replacements-in-a-string-in-a-single-pass

--
Senthil