[BangPypers] Suggestion for GUI

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Mon Jan 10 19:57:23 CET 2011

On

> In fact, afaict from your responses of coming up with imaginative
>> fairy-tale scenarios where your code spits out valid PyQt which your users
>> then may use after downloading GPL'd PyQt (did I get that right ?) I might
>> even say you are trolling.
>>

> See, I wrote a clear fictitious example -- and I asked for help/discussion
> on that but people started talking in-general and teaching license classes.
> this irritated me.
>
> I said -  I am writing my a code which is close source and I have not given
> any rights to user. {i am against it but I am just making an example}
> Now, I am not distributing PyQT to users. All I am given a close source
> application which won't run without PyQt. Users are downloading PyQT.
> So In this process did I made any copyright infringement... I was expecting
> yes or no kind of answer.
> I gave a clear example.. I am unable to notice any copyright infringement
> in it.

I was asking like this - how does it matter Compiler I am using , I can use
Propitiatory License IDE too - I can license my code to any license at my
will. How the decision of my code's license depends on Compilers License.
for me libraries are also a tool. I am just using them for code building. As
long as I am not giving a bundled close solution to user, I need not to
worry about commercial license to do it. But I am not bundling them., I am
just giving my application to some license, how does this decision depends
on license of libraries. I might be wrong at some where in my fundas or
unable to grab the "requirement" that why should one buy commercial license
of PyQt. So  I  asked this question. I think it was very much clear from my
post . If not, one can ask to clarify what I want to know..
Posting/Replying on  what license to use, what license gives what and one
can sell GPL code too etc and so many other things some guys replied. That
gave me strong irritation.