[BangPypers] How to get class names from DLL file

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 06:21:50 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 01 2011, Sibtey Mehdi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the class names from the DLL files in unix plateform. Any
> can please help me out to solve this problem.

The format of Microsoft DLL files is detailed over here
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/c/5/9c5b2167-8017-4bae-9fde-d599bac8184a/pecoff_v8.docx

I think it should be possible to parse the file and find out the entry
points. I've never done it but it's the first thing that occurs to me.

Apparently, they also release a tool called Dependency Walker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependency_Walker which allows you to list
functions exported by an executable which might work for you as well.

[...]