[BangPypers] [Python][Hudson][Tests] Problems - help needed

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Tue Aug 30 13:59:00 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 03:20:58PM +0530, Subhodip Biswas wrote:
> What I did is : easy_install someModule.
> So now in my eclipse install I can see these modules and use them accordingly.
> If i am trying to build the same from a different machine. I need
> these to be configured right in a way that normal jython mymodule.py
> works.

Well, if you can carry those modules along to new server that would
resolve your dependencies.  The other option is to create a
virtualenv. I believe there is an option to create a virtualevn for
jython interpreter too and in which case all your dependencies are
installed within that environment.

On anymachine that you want to execute, you have to create that setup.

> In java we generally attach the libs in the classpath and build using
> ant. What do i do in case of jython? write an ant file doing the
> same(pyanttasks) or is there another way to do so?

Yes, you can write an Ant task to build your project for Jython.
Even this seems interesting:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jython+Plugin

> Can you point me to the some docs where i can look for the same? my
> google search does not provide me any good results. My current hudson
> successfully located the file but is unable to show me any reports
> based the junit type xml files.

Look at how pytest is being tested.

http://hudson.testrun.org/view/pytest/job/pytest/

They are running py.test and with xdist plugin. py.test has an option
to generate junit.xml style output. Once that is generated,
jenkins/hudson is pointed to the xml and it can generate the report
automatically.

I am not sure why you went with Jython in the first place, but if it
was just for interfacing with Hudson, then the above pytest example
should convey a message that jython is NOT a requirement for
building software/running tests and generating reports.
If you would like to start small, then I would suggest you to write
py.test test, execute it and get the junit xml output and then point
it to your jenkins/hudson and see the report. If this works, then you
can go ahead try for your task.

Thanks,
Senthil