[BangPypers] if not with comparision statement in python

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 10:36:35 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Asif Jamadar <asif.jamadar at rezayat.net> wrote:
> What if I have two lists for both minimum and maximum values
>
> Minimum  Maximum
> 0               10
> 11              20
> 21              30
> 31              40
>

> Now how should I check if actual result is not laying between above ranges
>
> if not minimum<=actual_result and  not maximum>=actual_result:
>
> Any suggestions?

def in_range(number) :
    return any(map(lambda (x,y) : x <= number <= y,
                  ((0,10),(11,20), (21,30), (31,40))))

assert in_range(-5) == False
assert in_range(0) == True
assert in_range(5) == True
assert in_range(10) == True
assert in_range(10.5) == False
assert in_range(11) == True
assert in_range(40) == True
assert in_range(41) == False

If the above test cases (asserts) don't match your expectations, the
code may need to be changed correspondingly.