[BangPypers] Python debugger help

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 06:48:07 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 24 2010, Nitin Kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using python 2.6.5 for one of testing framework development in my
> company. But the framework sometimes carses.
> I need to debug it. Can anyone please help me with some kind of
> Document/link or similar things.
>
> The think to notice is I need to debug the crash.

There is the inbuilt pdb. You can look at the official docs for it to
get some help. I've had better luck with logging/print statements than
with pdb. Sometimes, when I need to step through, I stick an "import
pdb; pdb.set_trace()" at the place where i need the program to get
interrupted and then use it from there.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in