[BangPypers] [Announcement] Training on "Extending Python using C"

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Wed Nov 24 18:35:00 CET 2010

On 11/24/2010 10:36 PM, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24 2010, steve wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>  Firstly, wish you the best with this !! Like KG mentioned, we could do
>>  with some more python programmers.
>>
>>  On the topic of slides/notes, IMHO, free (as in freedom) documents are
>>  good. My recommendation would be to make your slides/notes available
>>  (possibly for a fee) under a CC-BY-SA (and possibly NC) license. This
>>  might also help people who cannot/do not want to attend the training
>>  but would like to buy/download the courseware.
>>
>>  I understand completely the point about the time and effort it takes
>>  to create content (having conducted trainings myself) but that's a one
>>  time investment. Having free documents /might/ help you improve them
>>  via suggestions/patches from others.
>
> [...]
>
> What I intended as a simple announcement has become a rather useful
> thread on how to structure my material.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. :)

I remembered this only after I sent the mail, here is an example of what I was
speaking of:

http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za/courses

I had used that to conduct one zope course myself (with explicit permission from
the guys at Upfront). If you skim through the material you'll see that they make
references to the handouts and code but that isn't available for download (but
that does not make the content less useful).

cheers,
- steve