[BangPypers] Help needed on reviewing my presentation for pycon.

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 06:19:51 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 09:50:03PM +0530, Shiv Shankar wrote:
> I have experience on designing composable memory transactions library in C,
> which basically is aids in  designing thread safe, non blocking concurrent
> systems.

Thanks for responding back.

> I use twisted, experiment with it, run benchmarks on it for my curiosity,
> never have written production code in it. But I know the limitations of
> threads in python, how to break it and where twisted comes in.

Twisted is not just a solution for threads and more over threads in
python are problematic (?) at CPU level and not at IO level and
twisted is for asynchronous operation at IO level that is why is it
helpful in designing a lot of Networking Software.

It takes a bit of time, repeated trials to get around with the
topic of twisted. I found some helpful introduction here.
http://krondo.com/blog/?p=1209

I had also found another introduction which was given to biologists
which was very helpful.

Yeah, the point and the feedback is a good study and application of it
in your project (as you will use the knowledge and gain some insight)
will help make a good presentation.

--
Senthil

I will not say that women have no character; rather, they have a new
one every day.
		-- Heine