[BangPypers] Help needed on reviewing my presentation for pycon.

Shiv Shankar fslash8 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 16:42:47 CEST 2010

Guys,

The below mentioned is an overview of the contents included in the
presentation I would like to present in this years pycon. Could you guys
please look through it and let me know if you will get benefited from such a
presentation. Also your suggestions and thoughts on it.

Topic: *A peek into Staged Event Driven Architecture - Reasons to use
Twisted.*

   - Introduction.
   - The need for concurrency in networking system, ways to achieve it –
   thread based concurrency and event based concurrency.
   - A simple DNS server written in Python.
      - *Explaining a simple name resolution server written in python, which
      lets you specify specify arbitrary regexs to match hosts.*
   - Concurrency of the above DNS server, the thread based approach
   explained and sneak peak into python's GIL.
   - Problems with Threads, a graph explaining max server throughput vs
   threads executing in server explaining where it fails.
   - Over load management and the c10k problem statement.
   - Event based concurrency.
   - A quick slide on non blocking i/o its importance.
   - Writing a simple DNS server in Python using twisted.
   - Explaining various stages, how is it different from a thread based
   system.
   - Benchmarks.
   - Does it solve the c10k problem ?
   - Questions.