[BangPypers] designing programs

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 14:36:53 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> On Friday 25 June 2010 14:23:19 Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> > > well, we seemed have almost reached a consensus - now all we need to
> > > decide is
> > > the pros and cons of pen versus pencil.
> >
> >  I support pencil because,
> >
> >  1. It can be sharpened
> >  2. It doesn't cause those splotches in your hand and dress like a pen
> >  3. There is only one colour to choose - so no confusion between blue
> >   and black etc.
> >  4. It is the simplest contraption in the world which consists of just
> >     two parts and no moving ones.
> >  5. It has space-age glamour since the Russian cosmonauts used it
> >   to write during their space flights.
> >

> anyway I suddenly remembered back in 1980s I had a pen and notebook and
> used
> to write large amounts of pseudocode in it - I remember spending a week in
> farm with no electricity and writing enormous amounts of code. So I have
> bought a nice notebook and a gel pen. I am too lazy to sharpen a pencil and
> also sharpeners are not allowed in hand baggage on planes. So I am good to
> go.

 I sharpen a pencil around 5 times at least a week - for my kid
 in UKG. I guess that makes me attached more to pencils...

 Yeah, sharpeners and pencils are potential terrorist tools in flights.
 I wonder if it is also banned in space flights.

 There are these "pen-pencil" type contraptions where you push
 many "pencil-heads" one after another and finally one sticks out
 at the other end. They are pretty cool and no potential threat
 to life from sharpeners. I wonder if they are still sold in stores...

--
> Regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Senior Associate