[BangPypers] Indian Python Software Society

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 15:30:14 CEST 2010

I'm afraid I don't understand your point. I'm not sceptical about free
software. I support it quite strongly and do what I can for it.
However, when conducting a Python conference or promoting the language
itself, I'm okay with non free software written in Python. I'm okay
with non free IDEs for example if they're for Python. The society was
created to promote the language and the the conference. Not free
software.  The overlap of the communities is a pleasant coincidence.

On 6/20/10, s|s <supr.e.etsethi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Understandably you are taking a sceptical point of view of FOSS can be
> mutually exclusive from Python as a discourse or as a language.
> Interestingly I am taking a more pragmatist point that Python may not
> fulfill all the requirements of a language user in all situations. In
> those marginal cases what are we as a group going to do.
>
> Are we going to promote c/python as a glue language, java, .net . Let
> me tell you, I am not taking a far fetched situation. A sufficiently
> complex application spills over into several languages and platforms.
>

> --
> Supreet Sethi
> Ph UK: +447859172473
> Ph IN: +919811143517