[BangPypers] sending sms through the web

Elvis Joel D'Souza me at elvis.co.in
Wed Jun 9 08:43:13 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Shashwat Anand <anand.shashwat at gmail.com>wrote:

> I used 'mechanize' to write a script which automatically login to SPOJ
> website and download submitted solution.. Not sure if it can fill the form
> too.
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > The site requires login and has
> > > two text areas - one for the list of mobile numbers and the other for
> the
> > > message to be sent. I recall reading about some tools that can automate
> > the
> > > login and fill in the relevant details - any suggestions? I would
> google
> > > for
> > > this, but my brain is not working and I cannot think of a starting
> point.
> > > (since the whole software is in python, I would like have a
> pythonisable
> > > tool)
> > >

> > I guess you are asking about a software which fills the form?
> >
> > Is there any api/webservice which we can call to send an sms (india
> > specific
> > and also worldwide)?

I was a part of a team that automated delivery of my college' Test Scores
through SMS to students
We used a webservice by SMSGupshup for sending SMSs

website: http://enterprise.smsgupshup.com/

All you have to do, is an API (REST) call.
So programming language does not matter. urllib will do the job just fine

Quoting their website:
API Support

- Scalable SMPP support
- Simple HTTP/HTTPS APIs
- Up to 1 million messages via single API call
- Delivery reports and keyword responses via   HTTP API

> > -V-
> > http://twitter.com/venkasub

Elvis Joel D'Souza
Mangalore/Bangalore, India