[BangPypers] python for management studies

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Jun 4 12:28:32 CEST 2010

On Friday 04 June 2010 14:46:53 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Venkatraman S <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [..]
>
> > Do NOT expect MBA grads to program - they are decision makers, they need
> > language as a tool to augment their daily work - hence Macros. I can
> > include some verbiage here reg the MBA mentality in India et al. but
> > thats cliched!
>
> Which is why I asked Kenneth about the intention of the course. It
> depends on that really.

as a non-IT person and a non-programmer I have found that the ability to
script some things gives me an immense sense of empowerment - I would like to
share that sense with students of a B school that is taking utmost efforts to
see that everything they do in IT is open source. I am inspired by the guys
like the nltk guy, the bioperl guy, the gnumed guy (lead programmer is an
active surgeon) and many others. One defect of the geeks in India is that most
of the geeks are from IT backgrounds, unlike in the west where many a poet of
yesterday is a geek of today. (Did you know that as many as 4 django core
devels chat among themselves in ancient greek?)

also this being a non-elite B school, the snooty know_it_all air will probably
be absent in the students.
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves