[BangPypers] Contribution to Opensource

Amit Saha lists.amitsaha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:34:51 CET 2010

Hi Nikunj:

nikunj badjatya wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently joined this mailing list so as to improve my knowledge on Python.
> Its been 4 months I am using Python. So I decided to contribute to any Open
> source project. Can you help me on how to proceed on this,  Whom to contact
> etc.

The project you decide to contribute will depend a lot on your interest.
But since you are just starting with Python, I have been involved with a
project called "Zeya"- (A music playing server)
http://web.psung.name/zeya/. Its written in Python and some
Javascript/HTML. The source code is really really easy to follow.  If
music interests you, you may give it a shot. Please visit the project
website and ask questions on the *project's* mailing list (not here).

There will be more suggestions, I am sure. At the end of it all, its
your interest that matters!

Good Luck!
-Amit

> Thanks,
>
> Nikunj Badjatya
> BTech
> Bangalore, India

Journal: http://amitksaha.wordpress.com
µ-blog: http://twitter.com/amitsaha
IRC: cornucopic on #scheme, #lisp, #math, #linux