[BangPypers] using IPython from pdb

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Mon Feb 8 07:45:01 CET 2010

Hi Shashwat,

On 02/06/2010 11:20 PM, Shashwat Anand wrote:
> here is the bpython screencast : http://*bpython*-interpreter.org/static/*
> bpython*-screencast01.
> ogg
> It's worth trying.

+1. (Having tried both ipython and bpython, I prefer bpython mainly because of
the cleaner interface (ie: no unnecessary whitespace/newlines) and the ability
to show the doc strings as you type).

> By the way does anyone want to share their customized Vi features with
> respect to python. I am pretty much satisfied with my own but there is
> always scope for improvements.

I assume you meant vim. If that assumption is correct, there isn't much python
specific that I do except for adding...

autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.py let python_highlight_all = 1

...to my ~/.vimrc. Read the comments at the top of vim's python syntax file
(typically /usr/share/vim/vim<version>/syntax/python.vim on linux) to understand
what that means.

However, non-python specific, I like the following vim scripts for coding:

taglist.vim [ http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=273 ]
supertab.vim [ http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1643 ]
vcscommand.vim [ http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=90 ]
NERD_tree.vim [ http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1658 ]