[BangPypers] greetings from kiran

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 19:49:05 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:08:31PM +0530, jaya kumar wrote:
> greetings from kumar

Welcome to the group.

> am new to python am now learning python

You will learning python to be a worthy experience.

> i hope this community will help to improve the skills in python ...

Not really. :) You will have to study a lot yourself to improve your
skills in python. This community will help you maintain your
enthusiasm. I hope find that factor a worthy one.

> how to work python in windows ?  what are all the editiors we want to
> install in windows to run python ?

Install Python for Windows from www.python.org
Read the Documentation available there.

> python is scripting language
>
> python is equal to php ?  which one is better for web development  please
> can any one suggest

Yes, all languages are equal in power. However some languages have
advantages over other as in Python is an easy to learn and a powerful
language. For web development you might to want the frameworks.
Give yourself a 3 month time to be familiar with python and web
development using Python, then you can revisit the question you asked.

Because, this is a beginner question, I am sure this thread will grow
leaps and bounds with everyone pitching the ideas. So just be careful
:) and then there is python-tutor at python.org list which is beginners
like you too. But read some docs first.

Thank you,

--