[BangPypers] [COMMERCIAL] CodersCombat project hosting service for all

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:14:24 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Azhagu selvan <azhaguselvan at gmx.com> wrote:
> Many small enterprises and college students who wants an efficient
> project tracking tool, doesn't want to make their source code and
> project info public - atleast till the project ends. In our service
> people can make their projects as *private* and I think almost all
> free project hosting providers require the project details and info to
> be made public.

I don't want to be construed as throwing a spanner into your works but
I have a few comments about this.
0. If you're targeting free software projects, they *need* to be
public in order to work fine. You just need some restrictions on
commit etc. which most forges provide.
1. If you want to provide private repositories, your target audience
is changing into the non-free software crowd and their concerns would
be different. They'll be worried about putting their data on the net
on a publicly accessible server no matter how secure it is. Their data
requirements might be high and they'll have to pay large bandwidth
costs to get/put data onto your machines.

> This we see as a key differentiator among the dozens
> of free hosting provider available out there.

I know that github and think that bitbucket provide private repos. So,
you're competing with them.

Good luck though.

--
~noufal