[BangPypers] Friendfeed's web server framework open sourced

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:51:08 CEST 2009

Friendfeed's web server framework has been open sourced.

http://bret.appspot.com/entry/tornado-web-server

One of the exciting things about it (that I look forward to testing it out)
is the fact that mod_wsgi never really seemed like a good gateway standard
for event driven web servers such as nginx. While I am not sure, I do hope
that this framework allows the capability to combine tornado with nginx to
achieve concurrent client support substantially in excess of what apache +
mod_wsgi can achieve and with much lesser resource utilisation.