[BangPypers] [OT] Guido's Tweet on Top Posting

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:42:50 CEST 2009

> why? in the first place I am extremely sensitive to top posting, but have never
> used usenet or been in a C forum. I only learned about interleaved posting in
> about 2002 or so. And the vast majority of people online now have similar
> experience to mine. And also the vast majority of top posters do so not out of

Just because you came late does not mean you can't have the same
sensibilities of the Usenet era. In short, many people who joined the
mailing list bandwagon recently have learnt the right etiquette from
others and by noticing how inline, contextual postings are much better
than top posting.

Others, unfortunately fail to accept it; they are simply too lazy to
be courteous to others. I would blame the webmail clients for that
though. They are simply not smart enough to put the cursor in the
right place (which is below the quote). Thunderbird does that nicely.

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose