[BangPypers] SciPy India 2009 - SciPy.in

Sidharth Kuruvila sidharth.kuruvila at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 16:25:53 CEST 2009

A thousand apologies, the "possibly just for Pradeep, goto", was a meant
as a light joke not to be taken personally. Goto was the original issue
with Basic.

You hit the nail squarely on the head when you say "The *users* of PHP
tend to get wired in weird ways after using it". So do the users of python
or any other language, in their own way. You can choose not to like Php,
but there are a lot of good programmers who do use it productively.

The fact is that you've obviously invested some amount of time working
with various python frameworks, which make certain choices obvious to you.
The author of the article obviously wasn't able to do that, Drupal seems
like a sensible decision to have made. I'd agree the post is almost
certainly not objective, but then most comparisons are that way, it's
something we have to live with.

Ps. I am talking from my own perspective, if I was asked to create a
website backed by a database, I'd chose something based on Php simply
because that's what I have some recent experience working with, so I spend
less time wasted trying to learn the tools.