[BangPypers] Python Day India

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon May 4 02:23:50 CEST 2009

On Friday 01 May 2009 17:24:47 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Taking "charge", I'm perfectly willing

cool - you get my vote
> although I see the conference
> as something which comes about because the community wants it rather
> than an individuals ego trip. The only real need for a leader is to
> put his foot down at times when things are dragging.

not so. As a leader/leaders, you can expect to have both your personal and
professional life to be put on hold for some time before, during and after the
conference. This means, if you are employed, your employer has to support you
and give you time off. If self employed, you have to give yourself time off. And
please remember, volunteers are volunteers - many of them are unreliable and
vanish just when needed. At that time you will need to step into the breach.
The advantage of tying up with an institution - ideally an engineering college
- is that if the college management is involved, most of the infrastructure
stuff just happens, which is a huge load of your mind. In this respect, we
could think of approaching Christ University in Bangalore - the management is
highly supportive of such ventures and there are some dedicated staff members
who could do a lot.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves