[BangPypers] Python Day India

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Fri May 1 11:57:30 CEST 2009

2009/5/1 Ramdas S <ramdas at developeriq.com>

> I will make  it on 3rd Sunday! Let's get talking. Thoughtworks is fine....

I'm out of town for the long weekend, as I suspect several others on this
list are.

This discussion has turned into a design by committee orgy. The only way
this will work is if someone takes charge, makes decisions, and asks the
list for approval and publicity, not suggestions. You're better off
correcting for bad decisions than expecting a crowd to make them in the
first place.

To get this started, I propose a one-day event on Saturday, May 8, at the
Centre for Internet and Society (CIS) on Cunningham Road, Bangalore. CIS has
a conference room that can seat up to 30 around a long table. It's perfect
for discussions. I will ask CIS to confirm the date and to sponsor snacks
and beverages. We will have to pay for our own lunch, which we'll order from
a nearby restaurant (< Rs 100).

I have two agenda items for the day:

1. First half: Discuss Zine as (a) a weblog platform, and (b) model
structure for a framework-independent Python web-app. Have a sprint for
about three hours to add a few new features.

2. Second half: Provide a place for anyone interested in discussing PyCon
India. Since I'm not volunteering to run the event, I have no agenda. I will
continue to work on Zine if no one is interested in PyCon.

Who's up for this? If you want something else done on the day, please just
take charge. I will be responsible for the venue and for discussing Zine.

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://jace.seacrow.com/