[BangPypers] python for embedded?

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:56:44 CET 2009

It would be interesting to find if someone has attempted to implement the
PythonVM on an FPGA as a processor.A processor with Python VM instructions
as its native instruction set will run so much more fast...Instead of a
Python runtime, you'd have a python processor executing the byte code as
native instructions.
Seems to be a good 1st order assumption...

In fact, implementing a VM in microcode inside a processor, could be a great
way to increase the speed of applications. (context switches when OS loads
applications written in other environments would have to be handled well
though)

Vishal

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Gowthaman Basuvaraj <techie2go at gmail.com>wrote:

> Does anybosy use / know stripped down python with micro footprint
>> suitable for embedded development ?
>
> I once cross-compiled python  for ARM, the bare-bone size was around 1MB,
> you can google for results

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."