[BangPypers] PyCon India IRC Dicussion #2

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:53:51 CET 2009

Hi all,

The second round of discussion happened at #bangpypers on 12th March
2009 between 9.00 - 9.45 PM. Unlike last week, the attendance was quite
low this time, especially the big shots missing from the scene. Hence we
just reviewed certain things
which got concluded during the last meeting. Following is a quick MoM
for yesterday's meeting,

[1] Structure of the Conference
* should be a mixture of all tracks/types on all 3 days. The prior idea
that each day to be of a type doesn't seem good
* tracks should typically be web development, system programming and
desktop application development
* CfP needs to be finalized and sent out as soon as possible
* lawgon announced that the conference app is almost done. Ramakrishna
requested feature to vote and discuss on submitted abstracts to be made
available in the app. Once it is done, we will evaluate it for further
progress.

[2] Possible Venues (listed by Ramakrishna)
* IISc
* IIM
* St. Josephs
* Christ College
We need volunteers to approach these probable venues and find out about
availability, before next meeting.

We also decided to fix constant day and timings for IRC meets from now.
As certain people are not available during night hours, we will have an
extended discussion time, followed by a one hour meeting time. People
who are not able to attend the meeting can discuss during the day time
and their points will be raised during the meeting by the moderator.
What say?

--
With Regards,
Parthan SR "technofreak"

GPG Key     2FF01026
Fingerprint 5707 ECBD 8D8D 8E6E 28F8  DFA5 938B D861 2FF0 1026
Weblog      http://blog.technofreak.in