[BangPypers] Open source India

Ramdas S ramdas at developeriq.com
Fri Feb 27 12:44:24 CET 2009

Last time when we tried which was 2 years back, we actually had three to
four sponsors willing to cough up something like 10-20 K each which was
pretty good to organize a single day event.

If I remember to do an event in Bangalore at St Joseph College Auditorium,
our budget was around 40-50 K which included a CD and T Shirt each for
approx 200 participants.

We even planned to charge a delegate fee of Rs 99/ which would have covered
lunch and refreshments, plus housekeeping charges.

Things fizzled out since few were willing to volunteer beyond a point. What
we require is some legs (young and old) to run around.

Btw the Barcamp guys had offered to actually host a Python conference within
their unconference. So that could also be a start. Someone need to hook up

Ramdas

Ramdas S
+91 9342 583 065