[BangPypers] Meet on Sunday

Arvind Jamuna Dixit ardsrk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 19:01:11 CET 2009

Noufal,

The meet went well.

Four guys attended the meet:

Sriram, Karthik, Kunal, Abhaya and myself.

First, Sriram gave a demo of the cool features of ZFS ( snapshots, clones,
replacing devices when online, creating files and drives and such stuff).

Then we discussed on how to go about making ZFS available to python
programs.

Karthik summarised the ways of writing extension modules for Python:

It was decided that we would write python bindings to libzfs C library.

Sriram has prepared some notes regarding this and would post it to the
mailing list soon.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Abhaya Agarwal
> > <abhaya.agarwal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > Is there going to be a meet on Sunday - 20th? If yes, what's the time
> and
> > > place?
> >
> > Yes.
> > Date : December 20
> > Time : 1600 hours
> > Venue : ThoughtWorks, Diamond District, Airport Road.
> > Agenda : Coding sprint focussing on some ZFS related apps.
> >

> Sorry I couldn't make it for this. Been down with one of those annoying
> viral diseases. How did it go?
> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in