[BangPypers] Advanced Python or Understanding Python

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:44:23 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
> So "Unladen Swallow" -> A lightweight Python.
>
> Quite cryptic I say... they could have opted for something more
> straightforward perhaps...

Their idea is to backport the changes to CPython. So, there is nothing
in naming convention.
As they claim, it is branch of CPython and not a fork.

Collin Winters was explaining at VM Panel at PyCon that their work is
coming from customer requirements internally at Google and they wanted
a faster a Python.

--
Senthil