[BangPypers] Python and 5 Euro a.k.a How to make Money with Free Software

Ramakrishna Reddy ramkrsna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:22:49 CET 2008

http://pythonide.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-make-money-with-free-software.html

The Dutch Ministry of Finance organized an architecture competition
for which a selected group of architectural offices (unstudio, nox,
...) and artists were invited, including myself. The goal of the
competition was not to design a building, but the new 5 euro
commemorative coin with the theme 'Netherlands and Architecture'. The
winner will be rewarded with a nice price, but most of all with the
honor: his design will be realized and will be a legal coin within the
Netherlands.

I approached the subject 'Netherlands and Architecture' from two
points of view. On one hand I paid tribute to the rich Dutch
architecture history and on the other hand to the contemporary quality
of Dutch architecture. These form also the two sides of my coin.
Traditionally the front of the coin needs to portray the queen, while
the back side displays the value of the coin .........

--
Ramakrishna Reddy                                               GPG
Key ID:31FF0090