[BangPypers] Autocompletion in emacs

Nishith Nand nishith_n at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 14:07:57 CEST 2008

I am a python beginner. I found the auto completion feature that IDEs like SPE provide, wherein when you type, for example, "gtk.", it shows you the list of available function calls in a dropdown box, pretty useful. Especially when the function description is also shown as a tooltip. So, I was looking for something like that in emacs.

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote: Isn't M-x dabbrev-expand good enough ?

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Prashanth  wrote:
> Hi nishith
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Nishith Nand  wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>     Has anyone been able to get auto completion going in emacs python mode?
>> I tried using rope and ropemacs but could not get it to load and run
>> properly.
>
> I do use and work pretty well for me, you have to install pymacs, rope
> and add python.el to your load path. Just follow the doc and it will
> work perfectly. If it dint work please paste your .emacs and the exact
> installation steps that you followed
>

> --
> regards,
>
> Prashanth