[BangPypers] Python Web development collaterals...

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 18:17:55 CEST 2008

Thanks Anand. The openlibrary.org site does look impressive & quite
professional... and got me interested enough to look for more of what all is
underneath it. Found that it's mostly Infogami based, & on checking what
that stuff is, found it's something Aaron himself wrote over Webpy.

However the status of Infogami and Webpy seem to be a bit dissapointing in
the sense that the most prolific and original developer is no longer
maintaining either of those. It's a shame... looked like something that has
lot of promise.

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=34576 says that Reddit itself moved to
Django after Aaron left.

On 7/24/08, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Banibrata Dutta
> <banibrata.dutta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Spent the last 30 mins looking at webpy. At the outset, looks pretty
> > good/attractive, however, I'm yet to see a very professional / complex
> > website developed using WebPy. WebOS might've been good, but looks like
> it's
> > shut down, and the next best is jottit.com ...
>
> http://openlibrary.org

regards,
Banibrata
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bdutta