[BangPypers] HarvestMan with eventlets

S.Ramaswamy srsy70 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:21:22 CET 2008

> I have been evaluating twisted for sometime for doing this, but I have not
> been able to wrap my brain around twisted. Also the fact that twisted
> requires an explicit event loop call is not very good and makes it difficult
> to write an application which has its own separate event loop.

How about using the built-in asyncore module. I guess you would have
to re-invent some of the stuff that the twisted guys have already
done.
asynchttp ( http://asynchttp.sourceforge.net/ ) is an async python
client library that doesn't seem to be actively maintained. Here's an
interesting discussion about asyncore vs twisted:
http://apipes.blogspot.com/2005/05/unsung-heroes-of-python.html

Ramaswamy