[BangPypers] Agile development in Python

Siddharta siddharta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 03:10:54 CET 2008

Hi Prashanth,

I do agile development in Python. I use the unittest module for testing.
Some prefer doctest. It depends on which style of testing you prefer.
Django has a testing framework around unittest that I use for Django
projects. For end to end testing, I use Selenium with the python
interface. Sometimes I use mechanize when I want to test outside of a
browser. For doing builds, I use my own script. Some people use SCONS,
but I haven't used it yet.

Django testing - http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/testing/
Selenium - http://selenium.openqa.org/
mechanize - http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/