[BangPypers] Expressing meta-data about classes, methods, variables, parameters in python

s|s supreet.sethi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:46:29 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Heshan Suriyaarachchi
<heshan.suri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>    Is there a mechanism to express meta-data about classes, methods,
> variables and parameters in python ( like annotations in java)? I will be
> thankful if anyone can point me to a sample code or a web reference.

There is no direct equivalent of annotations (like Java)  in python.
But decorators and __doc__ can provide similar features. Also
considering python is a dynamic language with reflection being
integral part of the language, many of the features are easy to
implement.

>  Thanx
> Heshan Suriyaarachchi

Supreet Sethi