[BangPypers] Choosing an Editor for Python ???

Sriram V Iyer sriramv_iyer at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 03:59:57 CEST 2007

Oops - I just realized I was posting it in Yahoo Group
instead of Python mailing list... I have pasted my
reply in Yahoo Group below. Btw, I am surprised nobody
mentioned PyScripter :o [Am I the only one loving it?
^^ ]

Ray:
If you are really serious into programming, promise
us, you'll never ever think of MS Word as a
programming editor :-)

I have used a plenty of editors, many falling way
below my expectation - IDLE, PythonWin(comes with
Active State), Boa Constructor, SPE etc.

I now swear by PyScripter. The best I have used so far
and it debug capabilities are pretty impressive. This
editor ROCKS! (I am assuming you were planning to use
Windows...) -

Whenever I want to look at code from many languages
simultaneously (C/C++, Python, Perl, Lisp) or as a
replacement for Notepad, I use Notepad++. This is a
serious replacement for notepad for programmers - It
is from GNU and kicks *** esp when you want to look
into big text files.

Regards
Sriram